The health of your immune system is essential for overall well-being. If you have a healthy immune system, you’re less likely to get sick and infections are going to be less severe. But in order to keep up a robust immune system, it’s vital to try things on a regular basis that help it to function optimally. However, with a suppressed immune system that’s caused by stress, poor diet, processed foods, lack of exercise, drugs, unhygienic environment with dusts & allergens, and poor sleep quality can all have a negative effect on your immune health.
In this post, we’ll provide you with a few important tips that will help to improve your overall health, and boosting your immune system naturally. From easy exercise routines, to eating well, to adopting healthy habits, the proven, effective, and easy solutions will have a positive impact on your heath and immunity. So start today, achieve a healthy immune system and live an extended and a happy life!
What Some Of The Most Effective Ways To Help Boost Your Healthy Immune System?
Health professionals often agree on the fundamental ways to achieve a healthy immune system. The single most important thing you can do to spice up your immune system is to eat right. A diet is rich in vitamins A, B and C, which are found in fruits and vegetables, are effective ways to help your body function at its optimal level. Here are a few easy steps that everyone can do to assist in optimizing their immune system.
Eat A Balanced Diet That Includes Healthy & Lean Proteins, Healthy Fats, And Lots Of Fruits And Vegetables
- Lean proteins: chicken breast, beef, fish, or plant based protein foods & soy protein products.
- Healthy fats: avocados, olive oil, yogurt, nuts, seeds, & fatty fish like salmon. These healthy fats contain essential fatty acids that help support normal function of the body’s cells.
- Try to eat a few servings of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis: Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants. Citrus is incredibly high in vitamin C; Berries are loaded with super antioxidants. You are making excellent health choices by eating fruits and vegetables, because it’s loaded with natural vitamins & minerals to boost your immune system. Remember to drink plenty of fluids.
- Take natural immune boosting vitamins, supplements, or herbs, as recommended by your health care professional for the best results in optimizing your health.
- Avoid processed food: the overwhelming majority of packaged foods sold today contain added sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or other unhealthy ingredients such as Omega 6 fats (vegetable oils) or trans fats — All known to suppress immunity by inhibiting white blood cell function. If you’re not sure if a food contains these additives, look at its label. In case if there isn’t any ingredient listed on the package, or if it has questionable chemicals or additives, then chances are you should give some thoughts to Avoid it!
- Regular work stress or life’s stress can have a negative impact on a healthy immune system. Prolonged stress in your daily life can cause inflammation and sickness.
- When you exercise, your body sends more blood to the muscles in use, the heart, and also the brain. As a result, it’ll help to strengthen your immunity to effectively fight against viruses & diseases.
- Try to reduce stress levels as much as possible, by practicing stress-relieving habits like mindful deep breathings, take easy strolls or brisk walks, do light exercises, snuggle with a dog, light stretches, yoga, or meditation. An active lifestyle can help reduce stress levels that weaken our immune systems and make us less vulnerable to illness.
- If any of the work, school, or life’s problems seem to be over-whelming, talk to a family member, see a friend, a mentor, or a health care professional for guidance & healthy solutions. Have faith that everything will work out.
Get Enough Sleep
- Inadequate sleep can result in lowered defenses against illness. Know how much sleep you need. Your body needs more sleep as it gets older, which is one reason many adults need eight hours a night or more. But whether or not you’re young and healthy, not getting enough quality Zzz’s can have serious effects on your health.
- Sleep soundly to remain healthy. If you have trouble sleeping through the night, there are steps you can take to improve your quality of rest. Stick to a bedtime routine that helps relax your mind and body for sleep (for example, by taking a bath.)
- Don’t use electronics before bedtime because the artificial light from these devices stimulates brain activity—and having an excessive amount of stimulation right before bedtime can make it hard for your body to relax into slumber mode.
- A good night sleep will help your cells repair and renew itself for a healthy immune system, and a supercharged morning. When you’re fully rested, you’re more creative and can handle different challenges.
Get Some Sun
Incorporating some regular outdoor activities will certainly help to reduce stress and strengthen your immune system. When you’re in the sun, please remember to apply your sunscreen to prevent sun burn and help to avoid potential skin problems.
- You can explore our blog on Heat Stress Illness Prevention
- For Outdoor Sun Protection Products: Sun Screen Lotion & Wipes
If you intend on being outdoors for an extended period of your time, consider using insect repellent as well. Additionally, the CDC recommends applying repellent containing DEET (N, N-diethyl-meta-toluamide) or picaridin before going outdoors to prevent bites. If possible, apply a second layer of repellent just before going outside again after returning from being indoors. Reapply every two hours while out in the open during peak mosquito hours (morning and evening). For children younger than 2 months old, do not use products containing oil of lemon eucalyptus or para-methane-diol; for children between 2 months and 3 years old, use products with lower concentrations of these ingredients.
- To view Insect Repellent & Bit Treatment Products
Keeping A Clean Home Environment & Free Of Insects For A Healthy Immune System
- Keep your environment clean and avoid prolonged exposure to smoke, dust, and other allergens.
- Another good practice is to eliminate standing water around your home—mosquito larvae often live there! Get rid of any unused containers that hold water where mosquitoes can lay their eggs such as buckets or flower pots that have been left outside too long without being emptied. You may also want to consider removing any plants that attract mosquitoes from around your house since they may be acting as breeding grounds for these pests as well.
There are many small lifestyle changes that you can do to strengthen your overall health and well-being. One of the best immunity booster is to love yourself, enjoy your time with family, loved ones, and friends.